Monday, September 24, 2012

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2012 September Round-Up!



This challenge is being hosted by Mother/Gamer/Writer.
 For more details on the challenge such as levels, guidelines, PRIZES!!!, just click here.

This post is to  link to all reviews of the books I've read for this challenge this month. To check out  books for this month read by other readers that are taking part in this challenge click here! 




So far I've  got one book review ready for this month. This one was completely random.  I came across this one that my youngest brought home from school. Fingers crossed that I'll be able to add some more reviews to this months round up!

Bizenghast
By: M. Alice LeGrow
Amazon

Summery from Amazon:

Time passes in every town...except one. When a young girl moves to the forgotten town of Bizenghast, she uncovers a terrifying collection of lost souls that leads her to the brink of insanity. One thing becomes painfully clear: The residents of Bizenghast are just dying to come home.A finalist in TOKYOPOP's Rising Stars of Manga™ competition, Marty LeGrow has crafted an unforgettable Gothic drama that will leave readers haunted long after the last page is turned.




My Review:


So as I said before I picked this one up at random. My daughter brought it home from school and of course left it where I could find it.  The cover was obviously the first thing that caught my eye. (It is the cover after all) But look at it, it is amazing! I was really drawn into how the only color is the eyes.  The title alone really caught my attention too! 
Even after reading the summery on the back I still wasn't sure exactly what to expect. Something creepy? Dark maybe? But hopefully something interesting. I was definitely not disappointed!
Dinah has already had enough tragedy in her young life.  Her aunt is debating having her committed.  Vincent is her only real friend and they regularly 'escape' her home to go to his place. On one such occasion they find themselves in an old cemetery in the midst of the local woods.  Dinah's life then becomes even more complicated.
I loved the story. I liked how the author put in local news articles to go with the story.  I liked how Vincent is always looking out for Dinah, even when he doesn't have to.
Click here to read the rest of my review!


As I said above I hope to have some more reviews up for this challenge in the next few days. Be sure to check the link at the top of this post to check out the awesome books that the other contestants are reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment