Sunday, October 28, 2012

Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel Challenge 2012 October Round Up!




This challenge is being hosted by Mother/Gamer/Writer.
 For more details on the challenge such as levels, guidelines, PRIZES!!!, just click here.

This post is to  link to all reviews of the books I've read for this challenge this month. To check out  books for this month read by other readers that are taking part in this challenge click here!


This month I reviewed:




\
By: Sid Jacobson and Ernie Colon


The Dracula myth has sparked a legacy of endlessly entertaining creepy tales. The fictional character, originally penned by Bram Stoker, was inspired by and named after a real-life fiend-Prince Vlad Dracula, the fifteenth-century ruler of Wallachia-a man infamous for massacring and impaling his enemies. In brilliant four-color illustrations, Vlad the Impaler tells the ghastly prince's life story from his seizure as a boy by the Turkish Sultan, to his love life, to his maniacal attempts to retain power regardless of whose throat he must slit.

My Review:


So I picked this one up for part of the Manga/Graphic Novel/Video Game Novel 2012 Challenge that I am participating in.  Let me just say it is short, but it was good. Not the best Dracula story I’ve ever read but it did have quite a few interesting aspects that I hadn’t heard before.  The story itself moves quickly.  It gives the details of the history of Vlad the Impaler without getting caught up in itself, or swamping the reader with information.
Then there is the artwork, very graphic. Click here to read the rest of my review!




No comments:

Post a Comment