Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A is for Apocalypse by Kyle West




Alex Keener has lived all of his sixteen years underground in U.S. Bunker 108. When he goes on his first recon into the Wasteland, he will find out exactly why.

Outside, Alex discovers a harsh landscape twisted by the impact of the meteor Ragnarok in 2030. Besides Raiders, dust storms, and cold, a new threat is evolving  -- the xenovirus, which twists men and animals into deadly monsters.

When the xenovirus invades Bunker 108, Alex must fight for survival. Joined by a beautiful ex-Raider and an idealistic scientist, Alex discovers that he and his friends might be the only ones standing between the world and a second apocalypse.


My Review:

I love the futuristic dystopian genre.  It gives the author a chance to really expand the world they've created and as a reader it makes one able to get lost in a place that will never exist but is fun to explore. I'm not saying that all books I've read in this genre are that well written, but I was fortunate enough to read Apocalypse, book one in The Wasteland Chronicles, which I feel definitely falls into the well written part of the futuristic dystopian genre.
I really liked the different twists and turns that the author gave the story as the main character traveled from the bunker to the outside world. Plus I liked the characters. Which is good since the story is told through the eyes of the main character, Alex.  But even though it is strictly first person, I felt I was still able to get to know the other characters as well.
The story ends on a bit of a cliff hanger. Not to be too spoilery but one character is wounded and they are running for their lives. But I do think that it makes a good lead in for the next book in the series, and I definitely want to get to that one A.S.A.P. Also this book is currently free for Amazon Kindle! So go check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment