Monday, April 21, 2014

R is for Retro Demonology by Jana Oliver




Before Riley Blackthorne can take on Grade Five demons, she has to trap her very first. Her debut solo trapping experience should be a breeze, just a harmless Grade One after all. But throw in some dippy hippies (whose peace signs and Patchouli really aren't driving any demons away), one mischievous demon, and a run-in with the police, and Riley might not be able to pull it off...


My Review:

Despite the shortness of the story, it literally took me less than 15 minutes to read, I really enjoyed Retro Demonology.  
I think the book offers a really good window into Riley's world and into her mind as well. I love the "retro" fad that is sweeping her city.  People completely immersing themselves in a particular time period sounds like so much fun!There are the demons. The reader only gets to meet a Grade One, but the introduction is just enticing enough to want to meet more. Then there is Riley herself. She is funny and entertaining. 
Overall the story definitely drug me in and kept my attention to the last page. 




1 comment: