Thursday, October 29, 2015

Precious Moments

Gabby and AJ



Crysal and Jenn's daughters.
I'm really not sure where to begin. Alexander--Aj-- was born a perfect little pumpkin. He..yes, he...was the light of our lives. A few months went by, and I knew something was different. It wasn't until he was almost 2 years old that we finally got a diagnosis. It was MeCp2 male....aka Rett syndrome. So I did what everyone does now...went to the internet and researched. I dropped to the ground. I had no idea what to expect. I actually still have no idea what to expect. Our lives were now on a completely different path. We were on a mission to find out all we could about this....but in the process, I was missing out on him. I don't want to say I have given up on finding out information, but I have just been spending time with him...doing things, like playing football, swimming, traveling...then I met crystal and gabby. This was the first family I have met that got it. I didn't have to say sorry about the machines, and I could have a conversation about what our kids liked and our love for minions. Both AJ and gabby have taught me how precious life is and to never take one moment for granted...to get out and experience life and treat everyone with respect and kindness.



Crystal (Gabby's Mom) & Jenn (AJ's Mom)






No comments:

Post a Comment